The Customs Preventive Commissionerate Amritsar, came into existence on 09.07.1997 vide Notification No. 20/97 - Customs (N.T.), which was trifurcated from the erstwhile Commissionerate of Central Excise and Customs, Chandigarh. As a result of trifurcation, three Commissionerate were established.(i) Central Excise Commissionerate Chandigarh I; (ii) Central Excise Commissionerate Chandigarh II, and (iii) Customs Commissionerate Amritsar. At that time, the Jurisdiction of Customs (Prev.) Commissionerate Amritsar was over the State of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Later, vide Notification No. 04/2004 - Customs (N.T.) dated 05.01.2004 which amended Notification No. 15/2002-Customs (N.T.) dated 07.03.2002, revised the jurisdiction of the Commissionerate.
Further in compliance to Notification No 78/2014 - Customs (N.T.) dated 16 .09.2014, the Customs (Prev.) Commissionerate Amritsar was bifurcated into two parts, i.e., Customs Commissionerate Ludhiana and Customs (Prev.) Commissionerate Amritsar. At that time, this Commissionerate had Preventive Jurisdiction over the State of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Further Notf. No. 38/2017–Cus(N.T.) dated 13.04.2017 issued under F. No. 434/15/2016- Cus IV amending thereby Notf. No. 78/2014–Cus(N.T.) dated 16.09.2014, re- organised the area of jurisdiction of Customs Prev. Commissionerate, Amritsar.
Further again, vide Notification No.82/2017(N.T.)–Cus as amended, the jurisdiction of Customs (Preventive) Commissionerate Amritsar has been re-organised w.e.f. 15.01.2018.
Presently, this Commissionerate have jurisdiction over the whole of the State of J&K and area of the Districts of Pathankot, Gurdaspur, Amritsar, Tarn Taran, Ferozepur and Fazilka in the state of Punjab.
|S.No.||Name of the Location||Location Code|
|2.||LCS, Rail Cargo||INASR2|
|7.||LCS, Attari Rail||-|
1. ICP, Attari-The Commissioner, Customs (Prev.) Commissionerate, Amritsar vide Notification No.01/2012-Cus dated 30.03.2012 approved the Land Customs Station ICP, Attari as a place for unloading of imported goods and loading of export goods. It is 30 KM from Amritsar located on Indo-Pak Border. Major commodities of Export at present are Cotton Yarn, Plastic Granules and major commodities of Import- Gypsum, Cement, Soda Ash and Dry fruits.
2. LCS, Rail Cargo, Amritsar---.The Amritsar Railway Station was declared as Land Customs Station by the Govt. of India vide Ministry of Finance Notification No.12/65- Cus (NT) dated 23.01.1965 as amended. It is an important Rail link between India & Pakistan for import & export of goods. Major Items of Imports are Surgical goods, Polyurethane Rubber and major Items of Export are SO Dyes, Vegetable Seeds and Agricultural Tyres.
3. LCS, Attari Rail --- Attari Railway Station was declared as Land Customs Station vide Notification No.12/65(NT) - Cus dated 23.01.1965 as amended vide Notification No.63/94-Cus.(N.T.) dated 21.11.1994. It is 3 Km from the Indo- Pak border. The train runs between India- Pakistan and operates bi-weekly called Samjhauta Express.
4. CFS, Chheharata-- The Commissioner of Customs vide Notification No.5/98 dated 29.05.1998 approved the ICD Chheharta, Amritsar as a place for unloading of imported goods and loading of export goods. Presently, there is no import at this port and Rice is the major item of export
5. SGRDJI Airport, Amritsar—SGRDJI Airport is notified as International Airport vide Notification No.240/80- Cus dated 27.12.1980. It is located at a distance of about 11 Kms from Amritsar on Ajnala Road.
6. SGRDJI, Air Cargo, Amritsar— The Commissioner, Customs (Prev.) Commissionerate, Amritsar vide Notification No.23/2005 -Cus dated 21.12.2005 notified Air Cargo, Amritsar as place for unloading for imported goods and loading of Export goods. The Custodian of ACC, Amritsar is Airport Authority of India (AAI). Major Items of Import are Medical equipments, Models for Instruction purposes, Food Supplements & Chemicals and Major Items of Export are RMG, Nut-Bolt & Washers, Pharmaceuticals, Engineering goods & Sports goods.
7. Air Cargo Complex, Srinagar--The Air Cargo, Srinagarhas been notified vide Notification No. 61/94-Cus (NT) dated 21.11.1994 as amended vide Notification No. 71/2005- Cus (NT) dated 01.08.2005. It came under the jurisdiction of Customs Preventive Commissionerate, Amritsar w.e.f. 15.01.2018 vide Notification No. 82/2017- Cus (N.T.) as amended.
8. CPD, Amritsar – The jurisdiction of CPD, Amritsar extend over the districts of Amritsar, Ferozepur, Tarn Taran & Fazilka. There are six CPSs falling under the jurisdiction of CPD, Amritsar namely CPS, Amritsar (Districts of Amritsar (except areas falling in the jurisdiction of CPS Bhikhiwind and CPS Attari),CPS, Attari (Tehsil Ajnala and Police Stations S.A. Khan &Gharinda in Amritsar), CPS, Bhikhiwind (Distt. Of Taran Tarn), CPS, Ferozpur (Revenue districts of Ferozepur), CPS, Jalalabad (Areas falling under the jurisdiction of Tehsil Fazilka, Police Stations namely, City Police Station, Jalalabad, PS Sadar Jalalabad), CPS, Abohar (Areas falling under tehsil Abohar).
9. CPD, Pathankot-- Customs Preventive Division, Pathankot have a jurisdiction over the districts of Pathankotand Gurdaspur. There are two CPSs namely CPS, Pathankot and CPS, Gurdaspur under its jurisdiction.
10. CPD, Jammu--The Customs Preventive Division, Jammu was established on 1st Nov, 1995 vide Estt. Order No. 215/95 issued by the Commissioner, Customs & Central Excise, Chandigarh vide C. No. II-39(12) Et.I/94/3250-69 dt. 30th Oct, 1995. The Jurisdiction of CPD, Jammu extends over whole of the State of J&K. There are eight Customs Preventive Stations falling under its jurisdiction namely CPS, Jammu, CPS, Kathua, CPS, Samba, CPS R.S. Pura, CPS Akhnoor, CPS, Rajouri, CPS, Srinagar, CPS, Leh. There are two Trade Facilitation Centre falling under it namely TFC, Salamabad and TFC, Chakan-da-bagh. In addition to above, LOC crossing points such as Adoosa, Teetwal andChakan-da-bagh also fall under its jurisdiction.